SSL certificate serial number conflict

Discussion in 'General' started by jengstro, Aug 31, 2006.

1. jengstro

jengstro New Member

Does anyone know why I might be getting the following error when trying to visit the only 3 site I have?

"your certificate contains the same serial number as another certicate issued by the cerificate authority."

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you enter the exact same data as you created the certificates you will get identical serial numbers.

3. cybere

cybere New Member

Greetings,

I have the same issue as jegstro's posting. It is informing me that I must obtain a new certificate.

During installation there was no issue with certificates as such, and I am confused as to why this might be occurring.

This machine i am building is sitting on the same domain as another FC5/ISPconfig, and it is my intention to have it used as a backup machine, in the event my main fails.
    Could this be the problem? and if so, any ideas on how i get around it, or obtain a new certificate please?

I really dont want to try to uninstall ispconfig if at all possible.

TIA

Cybere

4. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Clear browser cache and restart browser

I got around this by clearing the previously accepted certificate from my browser cache AND restart the browser. That worked for me on FF 2.0. No need to reinstall ISPconfig. Otherwise you could also just ONLY generate a new key and put that in the right location.

Martin

5. cybere

cybere New Member

Much obliged to all who have helped me out,

The first time I built a mail server of any sort, was with FC5, and ISPconfig, and sure it didnt work the first time cause i didnt have flex, but the 2nd round was just perfect.

On the 2nd server, i had nothing but issues, all relating to mysql. for some reason, on the 10th (yes 10th) install, it was seamless, right up until i tried to log into ispconfig admin, and this certificate problem.

will test that out tomorrow martinfst. Let you know how i go.

so again, thanks everyone. very much appreciated.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer