SSL certificate wont work, server becomes unreachable

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dimitrovex, Aug 22, 2017.

1. dimitrovex

dimitrovex New Member

Hello all,
    I'm Running ISPconfig 3 on Ubuntu 16.04
    I'm trying to update my sites certificate with an DigiCert EV-certificate we already have.
    I have enabled SSL for the site in ISP config and generated a Certificate, and used that CSR to generate the SSL certificate with Digicert.After i pasted it in to the Certificate field the site becomes unreachable as wel as the ISPconfig Admin portal. I then have to manually copy back the sites-enabled/100-yoursite.vhost.save inorder to gain access again to the Admin portal. I have also add the Bundle file with the CA in there both via the portal and manually in the Apache config of the virtual host. But I cant get it to work. Apache starts fine but I cant reach the website.
    Is there something I'm missing ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks as if there is a problem with the SSL cert plus you probably have the apache test option under system > server config > web disabled as ispconfig wont save an ssl cert normally when apache fails when it is used.
    Check your ssl cert to ensure that the ssl key and cert that you pasted in the respective fields in ISPConfig do match.