SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Tom John, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Guys,
    i am working with ubuntu 18.04 and ISPConfig 3.1
    I setup a new website with wordpress, and setup a SSL Certificate with ISPConfig, then checkbox in Web domain Domain SSL and Lets Encrypt SSL but this is not stored in ISPConfig.
    So however the website is not secure and in ISPConfig Settings of the domain the checkbox for SSL and Lets Encrypt is deleted.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?
    thanks a lot for your kind help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Tom John

Hi,
    thanks for your answer.
    i checked this out and i get the following error in letsencrypt.log
    Code:
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,814:DEBUG:certbot.main:certbot version: 0.27.0
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,816:DEBUG:certbot.main:Arguments: ['-n', '--text', '--agree-tos', '--expand', '--authenticator', 'webroot', '--server', 'https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory', '--rsa-key-size', '4096', '--email', '[email protected]', '--domains', 'sonniger-lebensabend.com', '--domains', 'www.sonniger-lebensabend.com', '--webroot-path', '/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/acme']
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,817:DEBUG:certbot.main:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#null,PluginEntryPoint#standalone,PluginEntryPoint#webroot)
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,832:DEBUG:certbot.log:Root logging level set at 20
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,834:INFO:certbot.log:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,836:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Requested authenticator webroot and installer None
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,837:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Single candidate plugin: * webroot
    Description: Place files in webroot directory
    Interfaces: IAuthenticator, IPlugin
    Entry point: webroot = certbot.plugins.webroot:Authenticator
    Initialized: <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7f07675b39b0>
    Prep: True
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,838:DEBUG:certbot.plugins.selection:Selected authenticator <certbot.plugins.webroot.Authenticator object at 0x7f07675b39b0> and installer None
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,839:INFO:certbot.plugins.selection:Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
    2020-11-15 18:59:04,857:DEBUG:certbot.log:Exiting abnormally:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/letsencrypt", line 11, in <module>
        load_entry_point('certbot==0.27.0', 'console_scripts', 'certbot')()
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 1364, in main
        return config.func(config, plugins)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 1238, in certonly
        le_client = _init_le_client(config, auth, installer)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 641, in _init_le_client
        acc, acme = _determine_account(config)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/main.py", line 512, in _determine_account
        acc = display_ops.choose_account(accounts)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/display/ops.py", line 83, in choose_account
        "Please choose an account", labels, force_interactive=True)
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 512, in menu
        self._interaction_fail(message, cli_flag, "Choices: " + repr(choices))
      File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/display/util.py", line 474, in _interaction_fail
        raise errors.MissingCommandlineFlag(msg)
    certbot.errors.MissingCommandlineFlag: Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting:
    Please choose an account
    Choices: ['server1.cl-i.net@2019-03-30T17:36:15Z (e140)', 'server2.cl-i.net@2020-04-13T18:44:09Z (5020)']

just one week before i had no problems to setup SSL cert.
    I can see the message please choose an account, i dont know where the choice server1.cl-i.net comes from.
    maybe you can help me with this matter?
    thanks in advance

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Looks like those are accounts you created for LE. You have two of them, that may confuse certbot.
    Like it says in the log,
    Code:
    certbot.log:Exiting abnormally:
    certbot crashes on your host. More info needed to figure out why.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Delete one of the two accounts, preferably the one that is not in use yet to avoid problems with certificate renewals.

Th0m likes this.
  6. Tom John

Hi there,
    thanks for your help.
    I deleted the certbot certificate and with the command
    "certbot certificates" the certificate for server1.cl-i.net is not displayed anymore.
    However when i want to set the ssl cert in ISPConfig i have the same problem.
    Code:
    certbot.errors.MissingCommandlineFlag: Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting:
    Please choose an account
    Choices: ['server1.cl-i.net@2019-03-30T17:36:15Z (e140)', 'server2.cl-i.net@2020-04-13T18:44:09Z (5020)']
    ^X^C

do you have any solution?
    thanks a lot for your kind help

7. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You don't have to delete the certificate, but you should delete one of the account used to issue certs in /etc/letsencrypt/accounts/acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory/

8. Tom John

Th0m likes this.