SSL error 554

Discussion in 'General' started by LukaszP, Apr 16, 2007.

1. LukaszP

LukaszP New Member

I have only on Opera SSL error nuber 554. On oder (ie, ff) every is ok.

Have you any suggestion?

2. dizyn

dizyn New Member

The reason this is occuring is because some spam filtering software is screening E-Mail for the "X-library:" header. This header is sent by Indy 8.0 and the release versions of Indy 9.0. In and of itself, this is not bad. However, some malware such as spam bulk E-Mails and even a worm (W32/Nicehello@MM), were built with Indy meaning that they sent the same "X-Library:" header that most Indy-based E-Mail programs do.

For this reason, we have decided to remove the X-Library header from Indy 9.0 code and you can obtain it from our VCS. Instructions are at:

http://www.indyproject.org/download/DevSnapshot.html

If you are using Indy 8.0 and you can not upgrade to this code, you can remove the X-Library header by editing IdMessage and removing line 439 which reads:

Values['X-Library'] := gsIdProductName + ' ' + gsIdVersion ; {do not localize}

and then rebuild Indy using the FULL*.BAT file for your system.

3. LukaszP

LukaszP New Member

ok, but i have problem with login into admin off ISPConfig not whit email

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Opera works fine with ISPConfig as gar as I know. Any additional description of the error that explains the error number?

5. Leszek

Leszek Member

I'm having the same problem on Opera (critical error 554),Firefox shows that it can't make a secure connection with ISPConfig's web interface because the certificate is wrong or corrupted and shows erron no: -8182.Internet Explorer doesn't even bother showing any errors - it just displays that it can't find the site.
    I guess that the new certificates have to be regenerated and the old ones deleted.This happened to me after updating ISPConfig to 2.2.12.
    Durring the update I had to enter some information for the certificates to be generated.
    This thread helped me.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  6. Leszek

Leszek Member