SSL Lets Enrcypt Installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sunghost, Jan 11, 2017.

1. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    i have installed ISPConfig 3.x like the Tutorial for Jessie described, but without Lets Encrypt. Now i want to install Lets Encrypt what should work afterwards. The Tutorial for Jessie with Nginx is different to Debian Jessie wtih PHP-FPM. I think the Nginx Howto is more Up to date, right? So is it right, that i only have to install the python-certbot-apache Package and all other is controlled over ISPconfig ? AutoUpdates work too?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, but both methods work. I would use the one from nginx tutorail (don't forget to add the backports repo for that). Better run an ispconfig update with reconfigure services after you installed it.

When you use the one from repo, then certbot is hopefully auto updated. But I haven't built the debian LE package, so I don't know.

3. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi Till,
    and thanks. I tested the installation and got lots of missing dependencies. I searched the net and it seems to be a bug or just missing updated packages in debian jessie backports. i wonder if anyone else have problems. Is there a solution for that?

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All the dependencies should be in the jessie-backports repo, I'm using that on several servers. You should just need python-certbot (and guessing that'll pull in certbot, but not sure), not python-certbot-apache. Try 'apt-get -t jessie-backports install certbot python-certbot' and let it pull in dependencies.

5. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hey Guys, and thankds for your response. After checking my testmachine i figured out, that my packagesys and sources.list were corrupt. After go back with snapshot and start again with clean package and sources.. all went fine. So the correct way is like Till wrote in his ubuntu article. Thx.