SSL tab not creating files or updating vhost file

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bluebirdnet, Nov 29, 2016.

1. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

(Just a note here, i already have much experience with ISPC ) I have checked the ispc logs and enabled debuging. The tasks run in the job queue but changes dont happen.

I am trying to configure SSL for a website and i have ticked "SSL" in the domain tab and within the SSL tab i have pasted the key,csr,crt and bundle information. When i choose save certificate it does not create the necessary files in the sites ssl folder. Also it does not edit the sites vhost file.

Any ideas how to fix this?
    I could do this manually but would rather that ispconfig work correctly as it should!
    thanks for any help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This happens when apache is not able to start with the ssl details that you added, in that case, ispconfig rolls back to the last working config which is the one without ssl. Check that the data that you entered is correct and that ssl key and cert match and that the key does not require a password.

3. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

Hi Till,
    thanks for reply.
    Both key and cert did match and i made sure, In the ispc logs there were no errors that it wasnt able to start or create with ssl details.

I finally chose "create" and it created self signed and then created the vhost file. But of course i need to use my purchased certificate. For now i manually edited vhost to point to correct cert and made the file read only.

its possible there was a password on the key file and i have since removed it. I will try again but i have done that already. There may be an inconsistency i did not notice.

thank you

4. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

ok im seeing it in the logs that its rolling back configs and unable to start apache, also reporting error in ispconfig web console.

having issue with Bundle. So when o paste Intermediate certificate into "SSL Bundle" panel should it be outputing a file with .bundle extension in the ssl folder ? dont see any.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a problem with the ssl bundle in the current release, you can find the fix here: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4359

But a missing bundle is not causing a rollback, so there must be another problem. check that the ssl key and cert really belong together.

6. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

thank you Till, didnt think it was normal that this file was not being created. I will try the fix.

7. bluebirdnet

bluebirdnet Member

Hi Till,
    I added the code at line 275 as you can see below but it still does not create the bundle file.

$crt_file = $ssl_dir.'/'.$domain.'.crt';
    $bundle_file = $ssl_dir.'/'.$domain.'.bundle';
    //* Create a SSL Certificate, but only if this is not a mirror server.