Standard FTP User?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ben, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi folks,

I'm new to ISPConfig and testing around a bit. But what I do not really understand up to here is how the Basic ftp works.
    I create a user and for that a web, e.g. www.mydomain.com
    But what's the default ftp user + pass for that?

The only thing I got to work is to add a new user to create an emailaccount with that an ftp account is linked. But his ftp root is not the one of the webdomain....
    So the next question is how do I can manage it that emailaccounts can only be user for emailing but not for uploadin stuff? With setting webquota to 0 (instead of the default -1) for each emailaccount?

thx
    Ben

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You make a user the default FTP user by checking the "Administrator" Checkbox for this user.

You can not create email only accounts, if you dont need the FTP functionality, dont use it. If you set web quota to 0, your user will not be able to receive emails anymore because he can only iuse 0 MB of disk space to store is email and web data.

3. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

oh good to know ;)

thx.

the thing's just I want to prevent E-mailusers from playing with ftp in case of one gets to the idea of testing that....
    But its not a tragedy. Anyway is there a plan to split that?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, we are working on that in the devel versions. But it is not ready to be released yet.