stats authentication prompt

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by budgierless, Feb 19, 2015.

1. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I have an issue with stats authentication prompts from one website asking for authentication prompting when visiting other websites hosted on the server,
    I have switched off stats for that domain and added hashes(#) to the .htaccess file in stats folder, but if I use resync in ISPCONFIG control panel, the stats authentication prompt starts again, this should not happen if stats of switched off in the site config in the control panel.
    how can I disable it for that site, or disable stats on the server if that is the only other choice?

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

a .htaccess file from one site can not affect another site. therevmust be something wrong in your setup, do you link files ftom one site into another?

3. budgierless

no, their is no link other then the server itself, the strange thing is that it is only coming from one site,
    the site making the prompt dose have subdomains
    but i did switch off the stats their their configs pages.

you think a redirect is making this issue?

EDIT: I just checked and I think the issue is with the stats creation on the master domain, stats is off but if Apache is restarted or rsynced, then its still makes a stats folder.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  4. budgierless

If I disable then enable that domain, will that fix the issue?

5. till

No. I wont try that.

The stats folder is always there and cant be disabled, but it should not affect your other sites. Lets assume your web1 site has this absolute path:

/var/www/domain1.tld/web/

whats the absolute path (document root) of the other 2 affected websites?

6. budgierless

all 22 other domains on the server will get a authentication prompt for WEB1 when accessing then from a browser, and only temporary fix is to hash(#) the .htaccess for web1 to make it stop.

7. till

What are the absolute paths of their docroot folders?

8. budgierless

problem domain: /var/www/clients/client0/web11/web/

other domains effected:
    /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web
    /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web
    /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web
    /var/www/clients/client0/web4/web
    /var/www/clients/client0/web5/web
    /var/www/clients/client0/web6/web
    up to 23

9. till

Did you add any custom apache directives in the websites or did you modify the vhost master template from ispconfig.

10. budgierless

web11 main created by standard method add website page in ispconfig /var/www/clients/client0/web11/web/ also
    url sub-domains using same method as above /var/www/clients/client0/web6/web/ and /var/www/clients/client0/web23/web/
    extra url front extension by adding test1, test2, = example: test1.domain.com test2.domain.com plus cname to dns, as suggested in manual.

but other sub-domains created as shown below.
    • Subdomain for website /var/www/clients/client0/web11/web/subdomains/mobile
    • Subdomain (Vhost) /var/www/clients/client0/web11/status/

11. till

Ok, so the affected sites are in sub directories of the website with the .htaccess file. I guess the problem is somewhere in the sub folder layout that you usfd for the sub sites. technically a .htaccess file can not affect sites that are not in a directory above of the flder where the .htaccess is defined.

you can try this to fix the issue:

cat /dev/null > /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/stats/.htaccess
    chattr +i /var/www/clients/client0/web1/web/stats/.htaccess

12. budgierless

no the the affected sites are all sites hosted on the server, the prompt is from web11, but its showing everywhere from the stats folder in web11 created by ispconfig.

13. till

Please execute the commands I posted above as root on your server, this will solve the problem.

14. budgierless

its says web1, is it meant to say web11?

15. till

If the .htaccess file that caises the problems in web 11, then its web11.

budgierless likes this.
  16. budgierless

Thanks I think it is fixed, I will keep monitoring, and if issue comes back then I will let you know.