Stats Not Generating For One Site

Discussion in 'General' started by lewis_saint, Nov 18, 2010.

1. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I have ISPConfig 3.0.3 and webalizer stats don't seem to be generating for one site in particular and I can't work out why. The /stats/ folder is there and properly permissioned as the other sites' folders. The .htaccess/.htpasswd_stats files are in the right place and configured correctly. The Control Panel shows webstats for that particular site properly too.

Any ideas?

Lewis

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Can you run
    Code:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh
    manually? Do you get any errors?

3. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

A lot of these lines:
    PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 95

4. falko

That's nothing to worry about. No other messages?

5. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

No other messages. What can I try next?

6. falko

Are you sure that the site was accessed? If noone visited the site, then the access log is empty, and webalizer can't create any statistics.

7. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I have actively visited the site. But also, when I go to the Control Panel, and click on 'Web Statistics', I can see nearly 1Gb of traffic for this month alone...

8. falko

Hm, I'm running out of ideas... :(

9. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

Oh - I forgot to mention that this site is called joebloggs.com, and the server itself is server.joebloggs.com - whereas all the other sites are different. Would that have any effect?

10. Toucan

Toucan Member

is there anything actually in the stats directory?

Try deleting the contents and change the password on the site stats. Wait till the following day and see if it gets re populated.

Worked for me once!

11. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

Just a .htaccess file. I'll delete this, then change the password, then wait...

12. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

One issue I noticed is that I have two folders for some domains (including the one I am having problems with) if they have capital letters:

/var/log/ispconfig/httpd/ shows JoeBloggs.com as well as joebloggs.com - and only one of them has access.log, but the other has error.log.

Why are there two folders, and could this be causing the issue sir?

13. falko

I've added this to our bugtracker.

14. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

Thanks - let me know whe fixed, and also if I need to do any workarounds. (i.e. the fix might prevent future sites from having this issue, but what about existing ones?)

15. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely you accidently entered the domain name in uppercase when you created the website. Please go to the website settings and chack thet all domain names are entered completely in lowercase.

16. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I purposely made the websites uppercase, so that they are easier to read. Do they have to be lowercase? Why wasn't this an issue with ISPConfig 2.x?

Lewis

17. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

I just checked and I can confirm that stats are only working for sites with completely lowercase names. I'd be interested in knowing the answer to the question above though...

18. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. They have to be always lowercase.

ISPConfig 2 converts them to lowercase automatically.

19. lewis_saint

lewis_saint New Member

Thanks for clarifying. I'll make them lowercase now.