status=deferred delivery temporarily suspended: host smtp-in.orange.fr refused to talk to me: 421

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sebolavie, Jan 31, 2024.

1. sebolavie

sebolavie New Member

Hi

For a few days, without having changed anything in the configurations, on several servers with ispconfig3 I have received emails with the message: relay=none, delay=0.14, delays=0.12/0.01/0/0.01, dsn=4.0. 0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host smtp-in.orange.fr refused to talk to me: 421 opmta1mti34nd1 smtp.orange.fr V5ANrI8BSNdJT Too many connections, please check your configuration. Too many connections, slow down. OFR005_104 [ 104])

This happens on all email sent to orange.fr or wanadoo.fr

I've been looking for and testing postfix configuration changes for several days with for example smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 10
    bsmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 10
    But it does not change anything

I wrote to [email protected] but still no response.
    According to my research, this same problem has happened to many people going back a long way in the years and it seems that it is a problem with the orange mail servers or a limit that is too low but difficult to confirm.
    This is why I tried to reduce the smtp_destination_concurrency_limit values to 1 or 10 but I don't have the impression that this is applied despite a postfix reload and restart. Or simply the modification is useless.

I also checked if the server IP was not blacklisted, it is negative.

Thanks
    Sebastien

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

So, this provider blocked your IP.

All large providers have their own blacklists, you can not publicly check them.

If others had success with that, its worth a try. But most likely, these blacklist entries have also a certain validity period, so your changes will likely not have an immediate effect.

3. sebolavie

sebolavie New Member

Okay, thanks for reply