stop antivirus notifications

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ovidiu, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

when I get a virus, lately its mostly worms that fake sender addresses and that means after it gets filtered and blocked, trashscan (?) sends out a notification email to the sender of the virus which is mostly faked so that I get an mail undeliverable email each time I get hit by a virus. I am punishing myself.

which lines do I need to remove so virus just get filtered without any notification? I am pretty sure that clamav only filters viruses and as far as I understood the other filtering tools are pretty much as good so I see no need to send any notices to anyone. my users are told to have a regular look at the virus mails that are delivered into my Inbox.virus folder so they do not miss out anything

#edit: I already had a look at the scripts in my user profile but they are a little bit over my head so I need some guidance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Comment out the line no. 152:

(${CAT} ${TASKDIR}/head.rep; ${CAT} ${TASKDIR}/body.rep) | ${SENDMAIL} -t -oi

in the files:

/root/ispconfig/isp/conf/trashscan.master
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/trashscan

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

from your reply I guess there are only masterfiles, this is not a per user setting? I'll try it out tonight after work. would this line stop notification mails going both sides ( sender and receipient) ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No.

No, then you have to comment out the next line (no. 153) too.