Strange ISPConfig Error Message Apache WEIRDNESS

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by yupthatguy, Oct 9, 2021.

1. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

So I've been trying to solve my ssl problem on git.example.com, then suddenly this error warning appears and will not go away.....

[​IMG]
    From the command line I have succussfully restarted apache2... and a status check of apache shows that it is runnng...

#apachectl -t says that my syntax has no problem...

HOWEVER, my apache log file for the domain have stop at 5:38 PM about an hour ago my time... and doesn't reflect any new changes that I make.

Confused? Yup.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It can take some time for the error to go away when Apache2 is back up.

3. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

Sorry.. resolved it... deleted -everything- and started over

4. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

@Th0m The Error message has gone way... but my log files are still "stuck" I can't see new entries for any changes that I make

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This means you probably inserted some config into the apache directives which apache causes to fail.

The simple reason for that is that ISPConfig rolled back the last working config, otherwise you won't be able to login to ISPConfig anymore plus all your other sites on the server world be down as well. If you would want to test the failed config, then you can find it in the /etc/apache2/sites-available/ folder, the failed config file has .err file ending. you would have to rename the current vhost config file to .bak, remove the .err file ending from failed config file, and then do a syntax test.

That's to be expected as your custom config which contains the error blocks any further config changes to be applied. New changes will get written as soon as you fix the problem in your custom config.

6. yupthatguy

yupthatguy Member

I removed -all- of the apache directives... wouldn't that restart the error log?