Strange issue after server upgrade

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pawan, Nov 1, 2018.

1. pawan

pawan Member

I have upgraded the server from Ubuntu16.04 to Ubuntu18.04
    Everything seems to be be working fine, except some strange problem like
    some of the websites client id has become zero, which are from different clients.
    How I can fix this, at which places I need to make the changes.
    Thanks.
    I also observed that client drop-down field in ISPCONFIG doesn't show any name.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't think that an Ubuntu update is able to alter client ID's as this would mean that the ubuntu update executed SQL queries in the ispconfig database to alter data. ClientID 0 means that the site is assigned to the administrator, so this ID is generally fine.

3. pawan

pawan Member

No Till,
    I am not saying ubuntu update has altered the client ID.
    After Ubuntu update I have migrated all the sites and database manually, which I may have done something wrong.
    but for example many website are like client8 web13, cleint13 web27
    now it has become client0 web13, client0, web27.
    so websites of different clients have become client0
    This is for 7-8 websites not all.
    Also i cannot see client dropdown field populated in ISPCONFIG. but there are all data in client table I can see in phpmyadmin.
    So definitely there is something missing here.

4. till

Ok, then that's the reason for the issue, when no clients show up there and you save the website, then the site gets assigned to the admin user. You said you migrated them manually, may you please describe what you did? You copied the dbispconfig database from old to new server?

5. pawan

pawan Member

yes. I resyncd var/www folder and imported all database including dbispconfig.
    but installed all the software as per perfect server guide including ISPCONFIG.

6. till

ispconfiig version on old and new server were the same?

7. pawan

pawan Member

Not sure I have installed the latest ISPCONFIG stable, but in database the version showing is 3.1dev.
    Also in the old backup it is showing 3.1dev.

8. till

Please try running an ispconfig update on the new server, choose git-stable as update source. Then check if the clients show up again afterwards in the client select field of the website.

9. pawan

pawan Member

run the update with git-stable, it went without any issue. but the version still shows 3.1dev.
    the client select field is still not populated.

10. till

That's ok, git-stable is the version 3.1 dev

Please compare the structure of the client table in the ispconfig database on both servers with e.g. phpmyadmin. is there a field missing?

11. pawan

pawan Member

Hi Till,
    You are right.
    There is no difference in client table, but digging further I found that it is the sys_group which contains all the client data in the old db but not in the new-database.
    how I should proceed, should I simply copy the sys_group data from old to new?

12. till

Yes, please copy over that data. I thought you copied the whole ispconfig database over to the new system?

pawan likes this.
  13. pawan

pawan Member

Thanks Till,
    That worked fine.
    for those particular websites I have updated the client saving that again with client selected.