Strange problem with wi-fi connection

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Poliman, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Poliman

Poliman Member

In my company I have wi-fi configured on mikrotik router. Each device in LAN can connect to wi-fi without problem and this connection persists except one notebook, which regularly loses connection only to this one wi-fi. Other wireless networks can be connected without any problem. Only helps issue two commands (when connection is broken after maybe 15-20 mins I have to first disconnect from this specific wifi and then execute two below):
    Code:
    ipconfig  /release
    ipconfig /renew

I tried update drivers, set static ip configuration. Nothing helped.
    Do you know maybe what can produce this problem? What things should I put here to help you help me? ;)

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Your notebook wifi card could be defective or have come to its end life which is rare but possible. But if it could connect to other wifi persistently, then that may not be the problem. By the way, do you have access to the router when you set static ip for it?

3. Poliman

Poliman Member

Yeah, it's really strange thing, because this notebook can connect to all wifi on the world except this one. :D I don't have an access to router. It just was in the room and I got wifi pass. ;) I have checked ipconfig on another computer connnected to wifi and based on this I set static IP on notebook.