Stuck item in job queue

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Taleman, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Red ball a top of panel window. One transaction stuck. I can see it in datalog history, it is a password change for mailbox. This is multiserver system, e-mail server is separate. So I think the mailbox password change should go to the e-mail server host.
    I followed instructions in https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/. Loglevel change increased red ball to 3 but it went back to 1 after a while.
    On panel server host, running server.sh seems OK:
    Code:
    # /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    09.02.2024-21:10 - DEBUG [plugins.inc:155] - Calling function 'check_phpini_changes' from plugin 'webserver_plugin' raised by action 'server_plugins_loaded'.
    09.02.2024-21:10 - DEBUG [system.inc:2430] - safe_exec cmd: grep ^opcache.validate_root '/etc/php/7.3/apache2/php.ini' - return code: 0
    09.02.2024-21:10 - DEBUG [system.inc:2430] - safe_exec cmd: grep ^opcache.validate_root '/etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini' - return code: 0
    09.02.2024-21:10 - DEBUG [system.inc:2430] - safe_exec cmd: grep ^opcache.validate_root '/etc/php/7.3/cgi/php.ini' - return code: 0
    09.02.2024-21:10 - DEBUG [server:217] - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished server.php.
    I run server sh on the e-mail server:

Code:
    # /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    09.02.2024-20:45 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (30071). Continuing.
    Database connection failed Database connection failed Database connection failed Database connection failed ^C

I pressed Control-C to exit that stuck process.
    What database is it trying to connect to? I did verify connection to dbispconfig on localhost and 127.0.0.1 works with info from interface/lib/config.inc.php. I verified same on web server host running ISPConfig panel.
    Update: now red balls shows 3, seems the server loglevel changes are also stuck in queue. Maybe for the e-mail server?
    Please help fo figure out what is wrong and how to fix it.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The master database. So this slave node is unable to connect to master database. Test the master database login from slave node using mysql command, you can find the login details in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Found it.
    Fail2ban on e-mail server triggered sasl jail, and banned master hosts IP.
    I unban it and start figuring out what is trying to connect and fails.

till likes this.