Stucked at "The following changes are not yet populated to all servers:"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lano, May 23, 2022.

  1. lano

    lano Member

    ISPC3, setup: main server + secondary DNS only server (multiserver setup) and I made a mess.
    The IP of secondary server changed and after some playing with, I deleted and setup new one. I did automated setup with advanced option.
    New secondary server is behind the NAT so I opened ports 3306 TCP and 53 UDP
    After setup on secondary server was finished, it showed listed in primary server under System/Servers, so connection to main database is OK.
    However, DNS records did not sync between main and secondary server.
    I checked "is mirror of" and run Tools/Resync.

    After changes were not successful, I deleted secondary server from server list on main ISPC console.
    Now I'm stuck with over 3000 "The following changes are not yet populated to all servers:" on main server.
    It looks like first job cannot be done and is blocking all other jobs.

    Now questions
    1. how to clear those jobs (or at least unsuccessful which is blocking others)
    2. why didn't DNS synced between primary and secondary server?

    Thanks, David
  2. Jesse Norell

    Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Note this is a multi-server setup, but these are not mirrored servers (a mirror runs the same services as the server it is mirroring).
    You don't need to open port 3306 to the slave server, you only need the slave to be able to contact the master on port 3306. Make sure you don't have that open to the internet.
    Sounds good at that point. You would then need to set all dns zones/records to the new server_id (eg. update the db tables is easiest), and maybe update client settings/templates to ensure clients can use the new server id. Then resync dns records, and maybe client data.
    This is a mistake, and why you have all the outstanding changes waiting.
    These are in the sys_datalog table, you would probably clean it up based on server_id (eg. delete the records for the two server id's which no longer exist).
    Any records (in the dns_soa and dns_rr tables) that have the old server_id that you removed would need updated to the new server_id once you add it back again and know what that id will be. Don't set it as a mirror, as you are only running DNS there, not all services. Then resync data.

Share This Page