Subdomain with identical setup has missing FPM socket

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Yereth Jansen, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Yereth Jansen

Yereth Jansen New Member

Hi all,
    I've set up multiple domains on my new server with identical setups. All working as expected. However, I need a beta.domain.com to test the website on the server before I push it the main site. As I've done before on the old server, I created a new website using the beta subdomain name, which worked fine. All is identical in ISPConfig, as well as how I set up the site, however, somehow no FPM socket was created for this.

Here's the generated line in the Apache sites config:

Code:
    FastCgiExternalServer /var/www/clients/client1/web5/cgi-bin/php-fcgi-*-80-beta.gokunming.com -idle-timeout 300 -socket /var/lib/php7.4-fpm/web5.sock -pass-header Authorization  -pass-header Content-Type
    Here's ls output on /var/lib/:

Code:
    root@gokunming:/var/lib/php7.4-fpm# ls
    web1.sock  web2.sock  web3.sock
    I'm using PHP 8 on Ubuntu 20.04, which works fine for all the other websites. Obviously considering the missing socket the error log shows the following:

I don't think it makes sense to use the subdomain feature, as I essentially treat it as a different website entirely. What am I doing wrong? This used to work just fine, and it doesn't make sense the website gets created but the socket isn't.

Thanks in advance!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try restarting the php8-fpm daemon to see if the socket gets created then.

Yereth Jansen likes this.
  3. Yereth Jansen

Yereth Jansen New Member

That did it. Thanks!