subdomain

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jpcyrenne, Nov 13, 2015.

1. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good day,
    Using ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8 on CentOS6.7

I have a domain.tld that also has a /blog/ floder with obviously a blog. I need to redirect blog.domain.tld to the domain.tld/blog/ folder while keeping the url blog.domain.tld. (not redirect to www.domain.tld/blog/ in the address bar). I'm trying to get this done under the 'Subdomain for Website' section. Am I in the right place? I tried a few Redirect Types with no success (using a hosts file to test from my machine).

Thanks in advance,
    JP

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When a blog shall be available under the domain blog.domain.tld then you should create a website for "blog.domain.tld" and install the blog into that website.

3. jpcyrenne

OK thanks. I did it that way and it works. Are you confirming that with ISPConfig we can't do a cPanel style redirect to a subfolder? I migrate quite a few sites from cPanel to ISPConfig and it would be nice to be able to do this. (one customer web account)

Thank you,
    JP Cyrenne

4. till

The cpynel style redirect is less secure then adding a new website, but if you want to do it the cpanel style then enable the vhost subdomain function under system Y server config and then add the subdomains as vhsot subdomain in ispconfig.

5. jpcyrenne

OK. Thank you for the precision. Always a pleasure to exchange with you Sir.
    PS: I don't see the option (enable vhost subdomains) under System / Server Config / domain.tld / Server or Web tabs?
    JP

6. till

Sorry, its under System > Interface config.