Subdomains erorr

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by welthera, Jun 14, 2015.

1. welthera

welthera New Member

I have installed ISP config 3 on an centos server and have problems with creating the subdomains.
    I create the subdomains but it doesn't work.
    I create the DNS entry for it, and it points to other website on the server.
    What can be the problem?
    Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you add the subdomain as a) new website in ispconfig or b) as subdomain that is part of another website. If you choose option b), does the website where the subdomain belongs to shows up or a completely different website (most likely the one thats fisrt in alphabet)?

3. welthera

welthera New Member

I added the subdomain no new site, and yes it shows the first website in alphabetical order.

4. till

Please check that the new subdomains points to the same IP address in dns that the main website (the site where you added this subbdomain to) uses.

5. welthera

welthera New Member

Yes it points to the same IP it is only one server and one IP.

6. till

Are there any files with .err ending in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ directory, especially a .err file for the website where you added this subdomain to?

7. welthera

welthera New Member

I don't have any folder apache2 in /etc

8. till

If you use centos, then the folder is /etc/httpd/...... instead of /etc/apache2/.....

9. welthera

welthera New Member

yes the httpd folder is there, but there is no error file and no site folder, only the logs, config, modules and run folders.

10. till

This is the apache config folder, not the folder of your website, so it is ok that there are no log or web folders. Go into the config folder, there must be a sites-available folder inside and there you find the website config files.