Subdomains in ISPconfig 3

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by studiorobert, Jun 11, 2011.

1. studiorobert

studiorobert New Member

Hello!

Quick question. When I attempt to create a subdomain with isponfig 3, it does not appear to be doing anything..

Currently I have issues with my install though : primarily bind-chroot is not running and i cannot get it to run.. Would this be why my subdomain fails?

I am getting sort of lost.. I have registered a domain (a .com frm godaddy) and have it's A record pointed at my server's static IP...

I also have this domain as the DNS hostname in Centos 5.6 network settings... I just am a bit lost how that all relates to the bind-chroot I hope to eventually get working..

Thanks.

2. pititis

pititis Member

Did you add a dns entry for these subdomains?

3. studiorobert

studiorobert New Member

Pitts,

I have NOT setup subdomains anywhere except in ISPconfig.

In this case, the registrar is go-daddy. I am sort of missing something I think: how the various elements work together to provide what features..

Is the DNS\BIND so that I can 'resolve domains'? It gives me my own name servers, so if I add a subdomain, it gets resolved?

Thanks!

Robert

4. pititis

pititis Member

First be careful, godaddy don't let you use your own dns servers if you don't have 2 IP addresses for them. In this case you can't use the ispconfig dns feature and you will add all your records in the godaddy panel.

Yes

Cheers