SugarCRM install on ISPconfig, howto?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by millpark10, Feb 24, 2010.

1. millpark10

millpark10 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for the help all you experts give to everyone, it has helped me a lot,
    search function in forum usually point me to the answers of my questions.
    Now I hit a rock though.
    Q:
    I have installed UbuntuServer 9.10 and ISPconfig2 according to "perfect server setups".
    Now i want to install SugarCRM on my working new ISPconfig platform.
    To complicte it a bit more, i have an old installation of sugarcrm to move/migrate to my new ISPconfigserver.
    I can't find a howto or anyone describing this (ought to be some people using that setup).
    I need guidance, especially if and how to change default name of created databases in
    MySql under ISPconfig in order to migrate sugarDB correctly.
    Best regards
    //millpark10

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know, sugarcrm has a function to make a backup of its database. So I would just make a backup of the database in the old install, then create a new website in ispconfig and isntall sugarcrm in it and then import the backup that you made from the other install.

3. millpark10

Install problem, user rights probably

Got this, below the stars and many more lines the same, when starting the install of sugarCRM.
    Most certainly a user rights problem.

The user/siteadmin is "klimatjakten.knowsitall.info_m" does he lack sufficient rights?

ls -las
    4 dr4 drwxrwxr-x 18 klimatjakten.knowsitall.info_m web9 4096 2010-02-25 07:43 SugarCE-Full-5.5.0
    Can i just chown -R 775 www-data:wwwdata SugarCE-Full-5.5.0?
    Or is there a safer/more secure way to handle this?

Warning: fopen(/var/www/web9/web/SugarCE-Full-5.5.0/include/javascript/sugar_grp1.js) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/web9/web/SugarCE-Full-5.5.0/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php on line 103

Warning: fopen(/var/www/web9/web/SugarCE-Full-5.5.0/include/javascript/sugar_grp1.js) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/web9/web/SugarCE-Full-5.5.0/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php on line 103

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

> Can i just chown -R 775 www-data:wwwdata SugarCE-Full-5.5.0?

Yes. If you use mod_php, you will have to do this. Only if suphp is used, you can run the scripts under the user of the website.

5. millpark10

Ok, how do I check which I have installed, mod_php/suPHP?

6. millpark10

Sugar CRM 5.5.0 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 5.5.0 Database.

I installed SugarCRM 5.5.0 and it went quite smooth after I realized host should be entered as "localhost" and not the URL to the site.
    After that i followed the instructions in the
    "http://www.sugarcrm.com/wiki/index.php?title=Moving_SugarCRM_from_one_server_to_another"
    Can't see that I did something wrong during that process.

Now I am stuck with a single line on the screen:
    Sugar CRM 5.5.0 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 5.5.0 Database.

The old SugarCRM install was 'sugar_version' => '5.2.0k' on a ubuntu server.
    The new installed server is ubuntu server 9.10, ISPconfig 2.2.35 and SugarCRM 5.5.0

(how do I check which I have installed, mod_php/suPHP?)

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Create the following PHP script:
    PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    and call it in a browser. What does it show in the Server API line?

8. millpark10

What does it show in the Server API line?

Server API Apache 2.0 Handler

(Forget about the SugarCRM problem, gave it up and reinstalled it new, the customer will enter the old data manually. Another way to quicker solve it, this time. Although, during troubleshooting I installed phpMyAdmin in ISPconfig and found several error msg. Will search answers first before asking, promise!)

9. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Ok, then you're using mod_php.