sugarcrm on debian etch

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ubutux, Sep 10, 2007.

1. ubutux

ubutux New Member

Hello i have followed the sugarcrm on debian install howto and when i try to access the web installer at var/www/crm i can see only a page of code not the web based gui .I have a test server with debian etch and ispconfig setup and running after following the related howtos. all seems fine and i can access and log onto to ispconfig without a problem.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must install SugarCRM in a web site that you've created with ISPConfig and where you've enabled PHP. PHP is disabled in /var/www and its subdirectories if you've followed the "Perfect Setup".

3. Tons of Fun

Tons of Fun New Member

First of all, I want to thank you for a great tutorial on How to install SugarCRM in Debian Etch. I have followed the directions in this tutorial, but when it comes to accessing the graphical installer in Opera via http://192.168.0.1, I get a cannot open page error.

Now I know that in your reply to ubuntux, you stated that sugarcrm must be installed in the web site created with ISPConfig. What is that, and is it a seperate task outside of this tutorial? I am fairly comfortable with Debian as a desktop, but I am a complete newb with apache2, mysql, and this whole process.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

4. Tons of Fun

Tons of Fun New Member

Never mind, I figured it out. In the URL, I just replaced 192.168.0.1 with localhost. It found it no problem, and then I followed the rest of the tutorial and now have it up and running.

This is a great Web site, I am glad I found it. Your tutorials provide a great service to those of us who are expanding beyond the standard desktop.

Thanks,