suhosin installation and php.ini changes

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tom, Apr 20, 2007.

1. tom

tom Member

I've compile php with the suhosin patch like this:
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-memory-limit --enable-force-cgi-redirect --with-gd --with-jpeg --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-png-dir=/usr/lib --enable-track-vars --with-pcre-regex --with-mysql --with-bz2 --enable-inline-optimization --disable-debug --with-regex=php --disable-rpath --without-sqlite --without-mm --enable-fastcgi --with-zlib --prefix=/var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/php5.2.1-fcgi-suhosin --enable-suhosin
    But phpinfo() only shos this extensions:
    below
    Configuration
    PHP Core

There is no other section like in falkos howto called sohusin with extenions like:
    sohusin_apc_bug_workaround

and others more. Why they are not there?
    Do I have to put them in the php.ini but where do I find them?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This happens because you didn't install the php5-suhosin package, but compiled everything from the sources. I guess there are special options that you have to specify in the ./configure string to get the other sections as well. Take a look at the Suhosin documentation and the installation instructions in the Suhosin sources.

3. tom

tom Member

right, I only patched the php.

Now I've even installed the php5-suhosin package and copied it to /php/ext and changed the extension path in the php.ini and the suhosin directives are visible in phpinfo().
    Is that the right way to do it or is there a default php.ini with all default suhosin directives and comments in it?

I used an old php.ini because I did'nt found a specific suhosin php.ini.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you see the suhosin options now in your phpinfo page, then you modified the correct php.ini. :)