suphp on etch

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by daveb, Feb 17, 2008.

1. daveb

daveb Member

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You don't need to recompile.
    The changed line made it possible that you could place the suPHP directives directly in a vhost, without a <Directory> directive. The new ISPConfig version writes a <Directory> stanza, that's why the source code change isn't needed anymore. :)

3. daveb

daveb Member

Thanks Falko, Had to ask since I couldn't find anything really regarding that when I looked over the readme for suphp last night.

4. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@Falko,

The http://www.howtoforge.com/install-s...tions-for-use-with-ispconfig-2.2.20-and-above is really usefull!
    Thanks for this work again, it will help a lot of ISPConfig administrators, who want to use suphp on their ISPConfig server.

I think it is a good idea not only to explain howto install suphp, but also how to configure it for different Linux distributions, like the /etc/suphp.conf file for example.
    I mention this, because after installation configuration is still necesarry.
    Just one example, if you install suphp on Debian, you need to change wwwrun into www-data within /etc/suphp.conf. The permissions and handlers within /etc/suphp.conf need to be configured as well.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  5. falko

The new ISPConfig versions (since 2.2.20) come with their own /etc/suphp.conf, so you don't have to modify that file. :)

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Ok then, i understand that the default /etc/suphp.conf is not used anymore.
    Can you tell me where the suphp.conf is, which is used form ispconfig 2.2.20 and up?

7. falko

It's /etc/suphp.conf. The old one got copied to /etc/suphp.conf_date.

8. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Thanks Falko,

One more question:
    I understand that /etc/suphp.conf will be overwritten everytime we perform an update for ispconfig?

9. falko

Yes, that's true.