Support for accelerating implementation of Multiserver installation migration feature

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by SupuS, Jan 13, 2024.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

I would like to reach out to the ISPConfig community with a proposal that could expedite the implementation of the multiserver installation migration feature, which we have been waiting for 10 years. We consider this feature crucial for efficient server management, and I believe I am not alone in being willing to financially contribute to its faster development.

I suggest setting up an account, perhaps on Kickstarter, with a defined amount that would serve as an incentive for ISPConfig programmers to complete this feature. However, as I do not have experience with Kickstarter and am uncertain about the costs involved, I am calling on someone from our community with relevant experience to help initiate this process. Your expertise and support would be invaluable in making this a reality.

More information about this request and my proposal can be found in my latest post on GitHub.

I believe that through our joint efforts, we can achieve faster progress and improvements for our entire community.

Regards,
    Jan

till likes this.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hello Jan,

thank you for your message, and I fully understand your frustration that the development of this feature has not been completed yet. I'm in need of this feature for my own systems as well. I've been working on its implementation for quite some time now, and I expect it to be finished in the next few months, so we will have a final version probably end of Q2 this year. There is currently no further funding needed for its development. If you like to become part of the beta testers, then write me a PM and I'll put you on the list and contact you as soon as a first beta will be ready.

Best Regards

Till

Mateus Magen, SupuS and Taleman like this.