SVN and form designer?

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by danf.1979, Feb 6, 2007.

1. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I've made some improvements in SVN, and one bugfix. I want to make a commit, but one of the improvement involves added stuff by the form designer. I saw that extension is .dtd and it seems like serialized data, though I haven't really checked. Is there a way to commit changes made with the form designer to SVN?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Changes made by the form designer are stored in the mysql database table "doctype". To write changes made by the form designer to svn, export the data of the doctype table with e.g. phpmyadmin and the replace the record that you changed in the database dump. Please try to replace just this one record and not all doctype records in the dump.

3. danf.1979

TIll, I have no way of doing what you request. Gedit goes 90-100% if I try to read the serialized part of the sql dump in svn. How can I manage to do it?

4. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

This part is the really hard part. I had to add one doctype line at the time or everything was broken. This is particullary true if you have made changes to the ISP_web form or the resseller for (called anbieter) wich are huge.

5. till

I think we will have to find another solution for this. My idea is to put the doctypes in files instead of the database, so its easier to manage them with SVN. I will have a look at the code to see how we can change this, if I remember correctly its just one function which loads the doctype plus another function in the form designer which writes the doctype.

To danf.1997: Have you tried to use another editor? Maybe a editor without syntax highlighting?

6. danf.1979

Till, yes even used a console based editor but no luck. Lines got messed up. Maybe because my crappy video card...
    I can send the definitions to someone if that would be ok...

7. till

Please send me the definitions with a short description which doctypes are changed, I will try to put them in SVN then.

I'am currently looking for a solution to store the doctypes in files, so modifications should get easier.