SVN (subversion) gonna kill me!

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ru4r34l, May 15, 2007.

1. ru4r34l

ru4r34l New Member

I used the 'Setting up Subversion and websvn on Debian' everything went according to the tutorial except that I could not figure out why the command
    ssh-agent gave me this:
    Code:
    SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-wEMoHP5370/agent.5370; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
    SSH_AGENT_PID=5371; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
    echo Agent pid 5371;

and
    ssh-add gave me:
    Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

anyways moving on because I can import and checkout and do all the other command line svn things using svn+ssh://domain.tld/path/to/repository/

my problem is when I use tortoise svn and try to do anything I continually get this error:
    Code:
    Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/gesa'  
    Error: PROPFIND of '/gesa': 405 Method Not Allowed (https://wizzardry.ath.cx)  

I have read through countless threads here and at the svn forums as wellas read the online book yet I cannot find an answer to this problem.

The websvn is workinig fine and I can browse all my command line changes.

any ideas how to remedy this strange behaviour of tortoise svn.

regards,

ru4r34l

2. ru4r34l

ru4r34l New Member

shameless bump..

still confused with what's going on, :confused: anyone have any ideas?

regards,

ru4r34l

3. ru4r34l

ru4r34l New Member

well fixed the problem, I guess I was the only one that ran into this issue.

regards,

ru4r34l

4. twgray

twgray New Member

How did you get websvn working? Mine won't open /usr/share/websvn/index.php because it isn't in /var/www/web3. How did you do it?

5. ru4r34l

ru4r34l New Member

Well I finally concluded that it was an error in the Debian installation (mind you I have no proof), so I decided to create my own installation. :p

What distro are you using, and are you compiling websvn or using a package manager?

regards,