Syn password problem from mail node to master node

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by minhchi12, May 28, 2014.

1. minhchi12

minhchi12 New Member

Dear,

I have a problem in my system, as follow:

- My system has many nodes, 3 of them are master node (just only ISPConfig and ISP web interface), web mail - using horde, and 1 postfix email node.

- My web mail node using horde has addon password and email user can change their password as they want. The addon password configuration was configured to update new password to email table in ispconfig database in postfix node.

What I think is new information from ispconfig database in postfix node will be synchronized to ispconfig database in master node. But the problem is not, it is not synchronize anything from mail-postfix node to master node. And when master node synchronize to other nodes, new password in mail node go back to previous password.

That is my problem. I think it should have ways to synchronize new update from other node to master node immediately. Any help ? Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This cant work as you may not modify any details in database directly and even worse not in the database of a slave node. Instead of accessing the database directly, use the ispconfig remote api to change the password in the master. the api encapsulates the change into a valid configuration transaction and this will get synced to all other nodes automatically.

Remote api documentation and examples are in the remote_client folder of the ispconfig tar.gz file.

3. minhchi12

minhchi12 New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not aware of a similar plugin for Horde.