synchronization between master and slave server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by xanela, Sep 25, 2017.

1. xanela

xanela Member

Hello, I have two debian wheezy servers, which are installed in clusters (primary and secondary). I encounter the problem that my servers have lost synchrony. There are things on the main server that are not on the slave server. What actions do I have to take to resolve this problem? Thank you very much

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which service are you talking about? Missing files, missing databases, missing websites, missing data in a website database?

3. xanela

xanela Member

The problem has been detected in the websites and in the emails.

4. till

Ok, s you have more websites on the primary server than on the slave? Where do you see that, in ISPConfig or on the shell or somewhere else?

5. xanela

xanela Member

Hello again, I have checked by the shell the date of the files as well as the size of the folders. For example the main server the vmail folder occupies 89GB on the secondary server the same folder occupies only 50. In the carpedas of the websites happens the same. thank you very much. regards

6. till

Ok, so it is about files and not ISPConfig synchronization. How do you sync the emails between the servers, do you use dovecot sync or unison or a shared file system for /var/vmail folder?

7. xanela

xanela Member

I followed the configuration manual for grouped servers,
    So I understood that both the vmail folder and the www folder were synchronized between the two ispconfig servers.
    If I'm not right, what method should I use for synchronization?
    thank you very much

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. till

That's correct when you used the mirror tutorial.

9. xanela

xanela Member

if I use a mirror, but I notice that they are not synchronizing. so I do not know how I should do to recover the synchronization.
    what should I do?

10. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You should first go through the tutorial step by step again and check if everything is configured correctly. Mostly there is only some small config that was missed.