sys_datalog job that will never complete.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Chris_UK, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Chris_UK

Chris_UK Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have a job in the datalog that will never be completed so my panel shows it as a pending job,

The job is for a server (possibly an ip address change) that no longer exists but it is not traceable by a server id. How can I track down a pending job to manually remove it from the datalog?

I am absolutely certain that the job is not for an existing server, I have checked the cronlog on every server, they are all running properly.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It will be in the sys_datalog table, you could quiet for server IDs not in your valid set of it IDs.

3. Chris_UK

I took a back up of the table and removed all logs for server id;s no longer connected to the multi server system.

The job still sits pending.

As the remaining jobs are for active servers with server ids and those are all running the jobs correctly that leaves only the the jobs without a sever id (0) which would appear that its a panel job that has not run.

How does ISPC know a job has been actioned? what is it that is marked or altered to change it from pending to complete? I ask because the most obvious method of having a row for it isnt the way its done.

4. Chris_UK

Fixed: There was a server still listed in the panel that no longer existed, probably should have checked there first, but I thought I had already removed it when I removed its ip address. Anyway, no more pending job.

Speaking of IP addresses it seems they are not removed from server IP's when a server is removed, seems odd to me.