System mails sent by SMTP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by stefacchio, Jun 5, 2023.

1. stefacchio

stefacchio New Member

Hello, I think there is a problem or a bit confusion with smpt and relay.
    I simply would to receive sys email using an smtp: if I use gmail it doesn't work because you have to implement SASL authentication.
    If I use another smtp or localhost, often I don't receive the email and always I receive the email from myself account:
    If I set info @domain. com like admin email, I will receive into the info @ domain. com inbox the email sent from info @ domain. com.

It's a problem beacuse many provider consider it a spam.
    So I can't configure correctly smtp sys mail.
    Thanks so much

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am not sure how you set it up but gmail work fine on mine.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What do you mean by system emails? Emails sent by ISPConfig or emails sent by other Linux programs?

ISPConfig system emails can be sent by smtp incl. authentication, this can be set up under System > Interface > main config.

General Linux system emails not sent by ISPConfig are sent trough postfix directly and there the smtp relay settings you configured for postfix get applied. You can configure postfix relaying under System > server config > mail.

ahrasis likes this.
  4. Waqas Saeed

Waqas Saeed Member

how to find out if the system email is working fine. To make sure the system mail works perfect. (Manually trigger)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
  5. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You could use the password lost function with a test customer you create. It will then send a system email to the email set for the customer i guess