System State reports wrong OS and ISP Config versions in multiserver setup

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Masters of Media, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Masters of Media

Masters of Media New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have setup a multi-server environment with one 'master' server and several 'slaves' using this guide: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ispconfig-multiserver-setup-debian-ubuntu/
    All servers were set up with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and ISP Config 3.2 .
    Initially, everything worked well but since a few months, the System State reports wrong OS versions and/or ISP Config versions for 3 of the 8 servers. Since a few days I found that applying changes to one of these 3 servers results in a number of outstanding tasks in the Jobqueue on the master server.
    I checked the following:
    • All servers have a root user with password set and these have been added to the master server (step 2.2 in the instructions).
    • All servers have port 3306 open in UFW for the master server (step 2.3 in the instructions).
    • I manually updated the OS's as well as ISP Config versions on all servers, including the servers affected, all to the lastest version (Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS and ISP Config 3.2.7p1). Where necessary, the individual servers were restarted.
    • I performed a full resync from the Tools Section on the master server.
    Yet, the OS and/or ISP Config versions of the 3 slave servers are still reported wrongly and the the Jobqueue remains filled with tasks for one of those servers.

What could be causing the faulty report on the affected slave servers and how do I fix this?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should post ISPConfig problems on ISPConfig forum.
    Start with this:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/
    There is the part with failing to write to disk, I think your jobqueue remains filled is caused by that.
    Did you after upgrading OS follow ISPConfig Perfect Server Guide for the new OS to get all nececcary packages installed and configurations done?

3. Masters of Media

Masters of Media New Member HowtoForge Supporter

My apologies Taleman, I will repost in the correct forum.
    Thank you also for the suggestions, I'll see if I can find a link to the issue about falling to write to disk.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The link is in the post from @Taleman. Click on that link and then scroll down the page until you reach the chapter "Ispconfig not writing changes to disk.