TAG Holder

Discussion in 'General' started by mphayesuk, Jan 11, 2006.

1. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am planning on becomming a tag holder and therefore will have name servers, but for the moment only one name server.

1) Does this affect IPSConfig in any way
    2) Am I right in thinking that when I add a site/domain to ispconfig I should always make sure that I let ISPC create all the DNS records and add nameserver entries in the DNS manager.

Has anyone else done this already and is there anything I should know.

Thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What is a tag holder?

If your ISPConfig server is an authoritative name server for the domain in question, then yes.

Also have a look at this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207

3. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Sorry.... tag holder..... registrants agent... if you do a whois search on touchone.co.uk you will see that its registered through Plusnet Plc with a rag of FORCE 9 and nameservers that point to plusnets servers.... so what I am planning on doing what plusnet are doing and 100's of other domain hosting, and being able to offer the full service of registering domain and hosting them on my servers, with ISPConfig as my control panel.

What do you think..... can you see any problems in using ISPConfig for this task, are there any security issues I should be concerned about, i.e. does you pretty good and life saver step by step manual cover any problems I could have. (using suse 10 and 64bit)

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I dont see any problems in using ISPConfig for this task. ISPConfig has the DNS manager where you can setup all types of DNS records that are needed to offer DNS for domain registration.

If your business grows you might consider using the remoting framework to add DNS records to ISPConfig when a customer registers a domain on your companys website.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I do exactly the same with ISPConfig, so I don't see any problems... :)