TCP/IP through hacking weapons

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by gabrix, Nov 12, 2006.

1. gabrix

gabrix New Member

My first tcp/ip 'self-lesson' i had it was because i wanted to understand as much as possible nmap options.And even now i'm studing cisco 'networking' that 'self-lesson' is still an important reference.Googling around apart from man pages,you can't find much of proper examples of usage and scenarios of tools going from tcpdump and ethereal ,to learn tcp/ip packets and troubleshoot network problems, to ettercap for arp protocol, or nemesis for packet building, and also hping3 for icmp possibilities also from a security point of view(throubleshoot firewalls).I was young and fashinated by hacker stories and i learned what my cisco tutor (example) did not understand in a whole life of cisco notions and windows , but that's an another story.I just would love a site talking entirely of tcp/ip through these tools also because i think people will use it as starting point for other studies or get deeper into these subjects.
    Thanks !

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you search for tcp/ip on Google? There are lots of helpful sites. :)

3. gabrix

gabrix New Member

Maybe because i have already did it and i find the usual stuff it just was an idea for tutorials on a subject where to go deeper expecially with 'live' scenarios,and not the usual stuff you find on google , networking is the base , don't you find ?

4. raspi

raspi New Member

Try netwox, tcpdump, wireshark, arping, ..