Telaen instead of UebiMiau

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by arnix, Feb 27, 2006.

1. arnix

arnix New Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig supports any php based webmail client. As a starting point for ISPConfig package development I recommend to download for example the uebimiau package, rename it to .zip and unpack it with unzip or winzip. Then have a look at the files inside. The package.ins file contains the setup instructions for the ispconfig installer.

3. arnix

arnix New Member

Thank you for quick reply.
    I never used ISPConfig, but today I must make a decision between ISPConfig, VHCS and Web-cp, so I'm trying to collect as more information as possible to make a correct choice. You say I can choose *any* web-mail client, say Squirrel mail, and ISPConfig can automatically add user to squirrel mail when I'm adding a new ISPConfig user!? And one more question, is it possible to set different access types to different users on using PHP, MySQL databases and other common things or it must be done somehow manually? Thank you in advance.

4. till

No, but it is not nescessary to add users to a webamil interface. The webmail interfaces like squirrelmail are getting their user data from Imap, and ISPConfig configures pop3 and Imap for you.

I use squirrelmail on my own server together with ispconfig.

Yes, you can set limits on mysql, php yes/no with or without safemode, how many domains, how many email users and much more for every website.

And every user (in ISPConfig named client) can have one or more websites where each website has their individual configuration.

5. arnix

arnix New Member

OK, thank you very much, till, for detailed description, I think I have already made my decision ;) The last thing that I would like to know:

Is it OK if I use qmail and not Postfix or Sendmail? Just Yes/No :)

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

qmail is not supported by ISPConfig.

7. Qrup

Qrup New Member

That would be a "NO" ;)

8. Hagforce

Hagforce New Member

Is it possible to upgrade to Telaen with just changing the files in the webmail dir?

Mayby somebody can write a guide :confused:

9. falko

I don't know Telaen, however it looks like an Uebimiau clone. If that is true, it should basically work, but you must add some code to the login procedure (/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/msglist.php): http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761

10. Martin1982

Martin1982 New Member

I tried to look on uebimiau.org/ but the domain seems very dead :(

[edit] it's back up now [/edit]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  11. till

Looks like we will have to switch to a new webmail client, maybe Talean.

12. Hagforce

Hagforce New Member

If there is a sequrity issue, I hope somebody makes a plugin/upgrade to the webmail plugin for ISPConfig really soon...

13. falko

There's no security issue.

14. Hagforce

Hagforce New Member

Ok, I just got the impression from the "why not use UebiMiau" link. :confused: