Template (?) question - removing unused links

Discussion in 'General' started by catdude, Jul 16, 2008.

1. catdude

catdude New Member

I've seen questions imilar to this asked before, but I haven't seen this exact question addressed.

Very few of our users make use of the Web-FTP capability built in to ISPConfig. And, frankly, we don't want them to. Our support dept has gone to a great deal of effort to train our users on using standard FTP clients, and teaching the support folks to also support Web-FTP would be an expensive proposition.

What do I need to do to remove the "Web-FTP" link from the top of the page? Will "update sys_modules set module_enabled=0 where module_title = 'Web-FTP'" accomplish that?

Also, we have a ticketing/escalation system in place that we've using for a long time. We don't want users to enter tickets using ISPConfig's ticket system. I don't necessarily want to remove access to the entire "Help" menu - the knowledge base and manuals could be of use to the users. I'd just like to remove the menu access to Support Tickets.

Would this require a code change, or can I do it via a template change or database change? I haven't found anything obvious in the database, and the Form Editor tool is a little - unintuitive.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must remove "isp_file" from the modules column in the sys_user table.

I think you have to modify /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/help/inhalt_tree.php.