Test without "domain"? + more

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kidd, Dec 1, 2009.

1. kidd

kidd New Member

First, I'm so very happy that I found this project! It's exacly what I was looking for.

But, now I have some questions. (and I have tried to search, but with no success)

I havn't configured my DNS, is that a problem for just testing? I have installed everything on a test server that I don't want to configure with DNS right now.

The next question I almost the same... Should there be any problem visit this?:
    http://192.168.1.217/clients/client0/web3/web/index.html

When I do that (or with simular address) I get "Access Denied".
    I don't get any errors when I make the users and the websites. Right now I set a Domain that I have, but a subdomain that isn't active. Like test.mydomain.com. I just want to go the "easy way" direcly to the folders to se how it works before I try with my live server.

Im sorry for this noob questions and sorry if this info already exists in the forums, but please help me.

(The answer below solved my problem but I don't want to bump this topic to tell that - and now I'm using DNS the right way)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not visit the site like this and thast good so and nescessary as it would allow you otherwise to easily get access to all files of all clients.

If you want to access a website, use the domain of the website. If the domain is not pointing to your server yet, you can set it in the hosts file of your workstation.