Thank you.

Discussion in 'General' started by Brenton, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Hi

I just want to say thank you to Falko, till and all the other people for the support provided here. 99% of my questions have already been answered in other posts. And when I've been forced to expose my noobyness by posting my own questions the response has been great.

My server is chugging along with it's 29 domains. So, just a big thanks to this community.

All I'm still looking for is a easy and ISPConfig compliant way to rather use Squirrelmail to provide web mail for all my clients.

Regards
    Brenton

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We dont have a webmail package for squirrelmail but i use it with ISPConfig for over 1 year.

I just created a new website webmail.mydomain.com and installed squirrelmail in the web folder according to the installation notes in the squirrelmail package.

The only drawback is that you will have to use the username instead of the email address for login.

3. Brenton

Brenton New Member

hi till

I've done that for one or two clients, but if I'm hosting 50 or more sites and they all need it, it could be very time consuming to do them all.

Most clients are happy with the default webmail, I'm the one who prefer to use SquirrelMail.

Once again, thank you for the input.

Brenton

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You need only one installtion of squirrelmail like the default uebimiau webmail with the domaib webmail.yourcompany.com. Squirelmail gets the account data from IMAP, so you dont have to create any accounts manually.

5. Brenton

Brenton New Member

Ah okay, the penny has dropped.

Thanks for your reply till. I'll play with this over the weekend.

Regards
    Brenton

6. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I did install it and used /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/mail for the installation, so I could use https://. Once you have decompressed the squirellmail.tar.gz there is an executable that lets you configure it. It's quite easy to do. :)