The autoresponse is not working with ISPConfig 3.0.1.4

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by voltron81, Oct 12, 2009.

1. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Hi to everybody.
    I'm almost finish my configuration and I was trying the autoresponder feature.
    The system in a Debian with ISPConfig 3.0.1.4.
    I create domains and email and it's just working fine.
    When I try to setup an autoresponse for one email address, in ISPConfig I write the message and I active the autorespond.
    I wait some minutes (cron time) and I try to send an email to that address(from another email of the same domain for example).
    From the log I can see that the email is correctly sent, and in fact I'll receive this email to the email address, but the sender doen't receive the autoresponder message.
    I checked in /var/vmail/mailfilters/domain/email/ and i have the 2 files .autoresponder and .vacation.msg
    The permissions for the whole /mailfilters file and for the .mailfilter file are 600.

There is something that I'm forgotting?
    Thanks
    Michele

2. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Reading the .mailfilter file, I can see:
    Code:
    # Check if the user has a autoresponder enabled

`test -f /var/vmail/mailfilters/$HOST/$USER/.autoresponder`
    if ( $RETURNCODE == 0 )
    {
      include "/var/vmail/mailfilters/$HOST/$USER/.autoresponder"
    }

So it's testing if I setup an autoresponder for that email.
    If I'm going to /var/vmail/mailfilters/$HOST/$USER/.autoresponder I can see the the file exist...
    What's wrong?
    Thanks
    MiK

3. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Any idea?
    :)
    Thanks
    MiK

4. damir

damir New Member

I just tested it on my ISPConfig 3.0.1.4 system and it works as it should. Im using Debian Lenny 5.0.3. So it must be something with your installation.

When you enable autorespnder, did you check teh Autoresponder box? You probably did that but im asking in case you missed it :)

5. voltron81

voltron81 New Member

Probably the error is because the feature autoreply is using sendmail to send the reply, and I'm running the server in a local network for the moment...
    Thanks
    Michele