"The domain is currently in use"

Discussion in 'General' started by BinkS, Apr 7, 2008.

1. BinkS

BinkS New Member

Hi all,

I have been trying to add a new site for a while and it keeps coming up that it is currently in use, I know that it isn't, but I did add it wrong the first time (wrong user and other bits)...

I have tried deleting the domain under every possible location but still it comes up that the domain is still in use :confused: :mad:

I have emptied the recycling bins everywhere too...

please help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please empty all recycle bin's in the ISP-Manager. The domain is definately still in one of the recycle bin's.

3. BinkS

BinkS New Member

Hi,

Nope, I have just double checked and all recycle bins are empty :(

4. till

Do you find the domain when you use the search function? If yes, delete it again, then wait a few minutes and empty the recyle bin(s).

5. BinkS

BinkS New Member

Nope it finds nothing, the domain seems to be pointing to the shared ip page:

http://el-eaga.com/

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you see that domain somewhere in the database (isp_isp_domain or isp_isp_web)?

7. BinkS

BinkS New Member

Thanks mate, it was in both of them, deleted them now they are working :D

8. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

This is "I think" a bad move!

Domains are linked to many things in the DB.
    Just deleting it from "isp_isp_domain and/or isp_isp_web" in the DB is probably not enough!

9. BinkS

BinkS New Member

Oh right, I did delete it, and it let me add it, set up all the correct folders, dns etc ?

10. till

Deleting it was not a good idea as this messed up your database structure now as edge mentioned in his post. You might get trouble in future with various functions in ISPConfig now. You should restore the record that you deleted to avoid this.

11. BinkS

BinkS New Member

Like my users possibly?

Cant remember what I deleted... I think it was just records with the domain name in it, nothing else, does this sound about right?

12. till

If you deleted these records manually, you messed up your database. Did you made a backup of the database before you deleted the lines taht you can restore now?

13. BinkS

BinkS New Member

I did make a backup which ISP created, not too sure what that included?

Sorry for the other thread btw, I get what you mean now, im being a n00b :(