The Emails sent by my webform in Wordpress are falling in SPAM on Gmail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Luis Urbina G., Oct 26, 2015.

1. Luis Urbina G.

Luis Urbina G. New Member

Hi
    I hope that somebody can help me.
    I am having problems with the emails sent by my website in wordpress, I have a webform of contact and I want that my visitors send me an email requesting information, but this emails are falling in spam on my gmail account.

VPS debian 8 x64 - ISPconfig 3.0.5.4p8
    My DNS zone in ISPconfig looks like this
    serverdomain zone's
    =========================================================================================
    SOA mymaindomain.com
    A mymaindomain.com 1XX.1XX.8X.2XX 0 3600
    A mail 1XX.1XX.8X.2XX 0 3600
    A ns1 1XX.1XX.8X.2XX 0 3600
    A ns2 1XX.1XX.8X.2XX 0 3600 <--- Is the same above, everybody uses 2 NS but I have only one
    A www 1XX.1XX.8X.2XX 0 3600
    MX mymaindomain.com mail.mymaindomain.com 10 3600
    NS mymaindomain.com mymaindomain.com 0 3600
    NS mymaindomain.com mymaindomain.com 0 3600 <--- this looks duplicated I don't know if is necesary for the NS2=NS1
    TXT v=spf1 a mx ip4:1XX.1XX.8X.2XX -all

Reverse Domain myserverdomain.com zone's
    ==========================================================================================
    SOA 8X.1XX.1XX.in.addr.arpa.
    PTR 2XX mymaindomain.com 0 86400 <--- the last digits of my Static IP
    TXT srv.mymaindomain.com v=spf1 a mx ip4:1XX.1XX.8X.2XX -all 0 86400

srv.mymaindomain.com is the server name (hostname)
    the installation is a real server in a commercial hosting
    Also I installed Roundcube and configure the remote user also.
    Please tell me how I can do to avoid that my server is not marked like spammer or fall in the black list.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Validate your SPF-Record, tryout DKIM (any maybe DMARC) for your domain and check your mailserver-setup

BTW: if you hide the relevant data (at least your ip and domain) it´s not possible to find any reason....

3. Luis Urbina G.

Ok florian030
    I do the mailserver-setup 1. matching reverse DNS
    in console:
    root@srv1:/# dig +short mail.luisurbina.com.ve
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    root@srv1:/# dig +short -x XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    root@srv1:/# dig +short mydomain.com
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    root@srv1:/# dig +short -x XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

when I do dig +short -x with-IP, no respose!
    I have 5 domains but the main for hosting is luisurbina.com.ve that I have in the main configuration of ISP.
    Regards
    Luis

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Also to your original problem description, you have website visitors filling out a contact form which sends to you and that's being rejected? Make sure the contact form doesn't try to use the visitor's email address as the sender, or you will definitely have problems if the visitors themselves use SPF. The contact form message should send from an address you control, and you can set Reply-To: to the visitor's address for convenience.

6. Luis Urbina G.

Thanks for your anwser Jesse
    I am using Wordpress LMS with contact form 7 plugin, this plugin is configurated and send emails well, the point is The customer fill the email form and this email is send to [email protected] and this email need to be forwarded to [email protected] account.
    Thinking I found tree options:
    1) forward the email: contact form -> [email protected] -> [email protected] (option where I was fighting)
    2) give the right configuration in the customer account to access this email by POP/IMAP
    3) create the accout [email protected] like email forward in ISPconfig. (option where I was fighting too)
    I read that this occurs when the SPF and PTR have bad configuration, but I am my own ISP, jejeje I don't know how fix this because I bought my domain .com.ve point it to my VPS by DNS zone, If someone can give me a hand I'll be very grateful. In fact I am very grateful with all the tips received for all of you.
    Thx

7. Luis Urbina G.

OK, I can see the errors, Could you tell me some tutorial or instructions to correct these details?
    The domain is pointed directly of NIC.VE to my VPS by NS names in my DNS zone created in ISPConfig, but there are several things that I have not clear.
    1) Of course I have to have a DNS zone to my server, but I have to create another DNS zone record for the reverse zone?
    2) The SPF and PTR my be exist on both DNS zones or only in main zone?
    3) I need create a DNS zone for each customer domain that I create? NS1.customer1 .... NS1.customer2, etc.?
    I can not think of another
    Thanks