The emails were read for no reason

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Alessio calvio, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Alessio calvio

Alessio calvio New Member

hello I have a strange problem on a multiserver ispconfig installation.
    We receive the emails correctly and are correctly delivered to the mailbox but the emails are all read.

sometimes some are unread but in most cases they are all read.
    I checked the logs and no one connected to that account after the emails arrived and in any case they are read both on thunderbirth (imaps) and by checking with roundcube directly installed on the mailserver.

Seems like a dovecot problem. how can i debug to understand the problem? thank you.
    Alessio C.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You want to say the arrived e-mails are marked as read?
    Maybe you have phone or some other device that marks the e-mails as read? Experiment with changing the password of the e-mail account, and see if marking as read stops.

3. Alessio calvio

thk for your reply but:
    I checked the logs and no one connected to that account after the emails arrived and in any case they are read both on thunderbirth (imaps) and by checking with roundcube directly installed on the mailserver.

I will still try to run your test.
    the problem occurs on many different accounts.

I'm investigating to give you more information.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you have any sieve filters enabled?

5. Alessio calvio

I probably have problems with rspamd and for now I have all the emails with the "UNCENSORED" policy set, because I haven't analyzed the filters yet.
    Do you know how I can make all the filters that have been passed on the email and any scores appear in the headings in order to analyze what happens?

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't think rspamd is the problem, more likely some other filter you have set up.

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look into the Rspamd GUI.

And as @Th0m mentioned, the Rspamd problem is probably a separate issue.

8. Alessio calvio

I'm investigating to give you more information.