The following changes are not yet populated to all servers:

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by kwickcut, Nov 13, 2023.

1. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

this is a fresh install perfect server ubuntu 20.04 then i added more php versions using this post
    i added the php versions then edited systems/additional php versions and saved

then added client and web site with ftp user and then i noticed that the changes were not populated

i followed this link for the issue
    i disabled the server.sh cronjob
    Code:
    crontab -e

then commented out the server.sh cron job
    Code:

#* * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh > /dev/null >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log
    then ran
    Code:
     /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 
    and this was the output

13.11.2023-00:44 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (6150). Continuing.
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php:529
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(181): db->escape()
    #1 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(300): db->_build_query_string()
    #2 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php(339): db->_query()
    #3 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/modules.inc.php(239): db->query()
    #4 /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php(180): modules->processDatalog()
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 529

and this is line 529 from db_mysql.inc.php = $cur_encoding = mb_detect_encoding($sString);

this happened after i added other php versions on this post https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/add-older-php-to-ubuntu-20-04.91422/

but i did not make any changed to ispconfig until after i add the php versions

thanks in advance

kwick

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The autoinstaller already installs and configures several versions PHP for you (5.6 - 8.3), unless you told the script not to.

This guide shall be followed when installing other PHP versions manually: https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-php-ubuntu/

Setting back the OS default PHP version as described there should resolve your issue.

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Like @Th0m wrote, you should use ISPConfig autoinstaller, https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    Code:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in
    That error looks like missing PHP module for the currently running PHP version. Using auto-installer would install all necessary PHP modules for all PHP versions it installs.

If you installed additional PHP versions manually, check which PHP version is now default and change it back to original operating system default. You should use the instructions linked to by @Th0m if you want to install additional PHP versions manually.

4. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter