The monitor app can't use ispconfig specification...

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by yoplait, Jul 25, 2014.

1. yoplait

yoplait Member

Hi there,
    I decided to buy the android app to monitor my ispconfig server.
    I have all up to date, on a debian 7.
    I enter a word in the "token" field, in ispconfig administration, I configured the app to connect to my server, but it continues to say :
    " You have configured to poll ISPConfig server, but we could not poll ISPConfig on xxxxxx.org. Please check if it is installed or remove poll option from server settings." when I try to enter it.

On the other hand, the pings works great.

must i install something else ? What should I change on the server side ?

Thanks you !

2. System_Owner

System_Owner Member

Monitoring app

Is your monitoring app using one of the following:

www.domain.org and set to use port 8080
    or
    www.domain.org and set to use port 8080 and the checkbox for ISPConfig uses SSL enabled (if you use https://www.domain.org:8080 to access the console).

I had the same issue you have earlier tonight and I got that error and found it couldnt contact the server. I had to change my cellphone internet connection to my other wireless here in the house to go out the other internet connection and then it started working again. So are you sure port 8080 is open on your firewall and that your cellphone is able to resolve dns and has a good wireless or 3/4G connection?

I use the monitoring app and it works great for me.

3. r_c_sekar

r_c_sekar New Member

Recent security enhancement broke Mobile app

After recent changes to the authentication model to access the control panel broke mobile app polling functionality.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There has been no changes in ispconfig in the authentication model. I guess what you mean is the optional .htaccess protection, this protection is made to block all kind of remote access to ispconfig, this includes a block of all api requests to ensure that nobody and no external application can access any scripts from ispconfig. So this blocks the monitor app and also all kind of other external applications.

If you use applicatons that need to access ispconfig, then you can not block connections to ispconfig by adding an additional .htaccess layer.

5. tejas28

tejas28 New Member

Hi till!
    I am big fan of your support and thank you for that. I have enabled optional .htaccess protection as you said. Does it mean i can not use the monitor app? In my case it shows the summary server status and pings well but can not poll. Should i diable polling. What additional information is obtained by polling and are they critical? I mean if i have to choose between two options:
    (a) Remove the optional .htaccess protection to enable polling by app
    (b)Keep optional .htaccess protection and be satisfied with the summary information that the app shows
    What should i choose as per your advice?
    Thanks again.

6. till

You cant use the monitor app when you added a .htaccess protection. About 90% of the functions and usefulness of the monitor app comes from polling, without it you can only get the state if a service is up or not, you cant see system logs, detailed service stats and errors, no harddisk space stats etc.

I would remove the .htaccess protection.

7. s_digicom

s_digicom New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have downloaded and installed this app yesterday evening.
    Added some servers and noticed that servers with nginx I can poll and have all the information. For Apache servers I was unable to achieve ISPConfig to be polled.
    All servers I added to the app are Debian 8 based, classic installation (as per HowToForge Perfect Server series)
    Have no enabled optional .htaccess protection.
    Will be glad if somebody give me advise how to achieve the full functionality of this app and for my Apache servers.

8. till

That's strange. The servers are in the same datacenter?

9. s_digicom

s_digicom New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you for the fast response.
    No, all servers which I am added till now are in Hetzner, but all are in different datacenters DC10, DC15, DC16. In all DCs there are both Apache and Nginx servers. There are pure hardware and VMs. In same DC Nginx is ok, Apache not polling.
    To be sure, just added one more server with apache, which is not at Hetzner and have same setup and versions. It works.
    I found that Apache servers not polling if IP is used. If I set a domain name, they can be polled.
    So in fact there is no issue, just little bit odd.