The Perfect Server - CentOS 5.6 Joomla and Drupal troubles

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tuxic, Apr 19, 2011.

1. tuxic

tuxic New Member

Hi followed this tutorial and encountered this error when installing CMS like Joomla or Drupal:

Code:
    Warning: include() [function.include]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client3/web5/web:/var/www/clients/client3/web5/tmp:/var/www/site.com/web:/srv/www/site.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in theme_render_template() (line 1234 of/var/www/clients/client3/web5/web/includes/theme.inc).

I doublechecked the PHP open_basedir directive. It contained all the necessay paths so that is not the cause.

I selected suexec and fastcgi. Choosing suphp or modphp doesn't make a difference. After a lot of troubleshooting I removed php-Eaccelerator and the errors dissapeared. Only now php is a lot slower. Is this a bug? Any way around it? I need php caching.

Thx

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Not sure why this happens, but instead of eAccelerator, you can try Xcache or APC.

3. tuxic

tuxic New Member

Thx for your reply Falko, I managed to fix it by installing PHP Eaccelerator from source with the following:

Code:
    ./configure -enable-eaccelerator=shared -with-php-config=$PHP_PREFIX/bin/php-config -with-eaccelerator-shared-memory -with-eaccelerator-sessions -with-eaccelerator-content-caching -with-eaccelerator-debug -with-libdir=/usr/lib/php/modules/ -exec-prefix=/usr --without-eaccelerator-use-inode
    Especially this part is important:
    Code:
    -exec-prefix=/usr --without-eaccelerator-use-inode
    Other options are supposedly to make it play nicely with mod_fcgid

Working all nice now. Thx for the great tutorial.

Tuxic