The Perfect Server - CentOS 6.3 x86_64 (Apache2, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3, OpenLDAP)

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by SaintCrowdness, Sep 7, 2012.

1. SaintCrowdness

SaintCrowdness New Member

Are there any plans to make a HowTo for the following:

How to prepare a CentOS 6.3 x86_64 server for the installation of ISPConfig 3, and how to install ISPConfig 3. ISPConfig 3 is a webhosting control panel that allows you to configure the following services through a web browser: Apache web server, Postfix mail server, OpenLDAP, BIND nameserver, PureFTPd, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, Mailman, and many more.

I have not been able to find one that does CentOS 6.x with OpenLDAP, mail, virtual users, Postfix, Dovecot, SpamAssassin, clamav, PhpAdmin and ISPConfig 3.

Also, does ISPConfig 3 work with LDAP and virtual users?

If there is something similar that uses LDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, then please point me to that and I will try to work with that.

I understand that there is a configuration that will let PhPMyAdmin that works with LDAP. If that would be included as well, that would be fantastic. However, if ISPConfig can do the same thing, then even better. One stop shopping so to speak.

Any helpful responses would be appreciated.

Even if it's to piece parts of HowTo's together, that would be helpful as well.

It needs to be a CentOS 6.x solution, however.

I love the http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-6.3-x86_64-apache2-dovecot-ispconfig-3 but it has the MySQL in it and I have been struggling trying to remove the MySQL portions to get the LDAP portions in.

Additionally, why must the firewall be disabled and at what point is the firewall put back up?

I hope I posted this in the right area.

Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Idpconfig uses virtual users in a mysql database, you can not use ldap on a ispconfig server so the combination of services you suggested eill not work.

Firewall: you manage the firewall in ispconfig, so the duplicate firewall has to be disabled first as your server wont eork with two iptables firewalls at the same time.

3. SaintCrowdness

SaintCrowdness New Member

Thanks for the response.

That is a shame that it ISPConfig does not work with LDAP for virtual users.

I have to have an LDAP solution and I really liked the ISPConfig interface.

Thanks for the clarification on the firewall aspect.

I saw a HowTo for CentOS 5 with LDAP, Dovecot and Postfix. Is there a plan to update that for CentOS 6?