The Perfect Server - Debian 9 (Stretch) ISPConfig 3.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sofianeelec, Aug 11, 2017.

1. sofianeelec

sofianeelec New Member

hello,
    when i finished all step on the tutorial and buy 5€ for manual of ispconfig, and setup All as well i get this error on my browser,

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

##########################################################
    NB:
    when I past my web site on the default directory every think work fine and i do not have this Error

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Whoch tutorial did you use to install this server?
    2) Did you start from a clen and completely empty system? So no other controlpanels or websites were installed on this server since you installed the Linux system?
    3) You access your website through the domain name of the website which you entered into the domain field in ISPconfig and not e.g. by an IP address?
    4) You uploaded the website to the correct directory, which is /var/www/yourdomain.tld/web/

Btw. I doubt that this error is related to buying the ISPConfig manual ;)

3. sofianeelec

sofianeelec New Member

4. till

Ok. When you get this error, is it logged in:

/var/www/clients/client0/web1/log/access.log or /var/www/clients/client0/web1/log/error.log

then or is it logged in the global logs in /var/log/apache2/ ?

5. sofianeelec

sofianeelec New Member

id do not know that, how can I check it ??

i get 403 error when try accessing to my web site URL

I try everythink befor post here , i try change root directory and donne all permision 755 to folder and 644 to files and no think work

6. sofianeelec

sofianeelec New Member

NB:
    when I past my web site on the default directory (/var/www/html) every think work fine and i do not have this Error

7. till

This means that apache did not found a matching chost, that's why it shows the default page.

possible reasons are:
    1) Typo in the domain name.
    2) you use a subdomain which is not configured.
    3) Wrong IP address selected for the website (the best option is to choose * in the IP selector).
    4) the apache config could not be saved (check /etc/apache2/sites-enabled directory, if there is a vhost.err file).

8. till

Do not try any of these changes as they will break the setup and need to be undone if applied. The permissions and ownerships that ISPConfig applies to a website are correct, so any change will possibly make it not work.