The Perfect Server - Fedora 7...Where did I go wrong?!

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mvic, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mvic

mvic New Member

Hi,
    I installed Fedora7 (64) and did a yum update, I followd the "The Perfect Server - Fedora 7" guide and the "Proftpd And MySQL" guide.

Everything was working, but when I reboot my server I no longer can login in to graphical-mode...the arrow with the spinning-thing is just spinning and spinning...
    I can however still access the /phpMyAdmin-login page and the /ispconfig from an other computer so something is working...:)

I can boot into text mode, but I really would like the graphical gui back :)
    Where did I go wrong ? I tried to replace the pam.d/proftpd with the proftpd_orig but still no graphical fedora login..

The only thing that I did different from the guide is that I added the usrquota and grpquota to my raid, /dev/md0/ and not the System disk.

I did install the ISP config last..
    -I finished the Perfect Server guide without the ISPconfig install, then I finished the Proftp an Mysql guide, THEN I installed the ISPconfig.

I have tried a fresh reinstall three times now.. but still the same issue with the grapichal login...

What am I doing wrong ?!?!
    -mvic

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer