The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.2 - Can't reach ISPconfig2 from outside netwrok

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by GoremanX, Apr 7, 2010.

1. GoremanX

GoremanX New Member

I'm following the howto guide outlined here:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-opensuse-11.2-x86_64-ispconfig-2

Everything went well (except for a slight postfix hiccup which I've asked about in another thread). Now ISPconfig2 is up and running, and I can reach it using lynx/links from the server itself by using the appropriate domain name.

But I can't reach ISPconfig2 at port 81 from the outside world. I can load up my default web server at port 80 just fine, but not the ISPconfig2 admin panel at port 81.

My server has an IP address for the internal network, and a different one for the outside world (which redirects to the internal IP address). It also has 2 domain names, an internal one and an external one. The internal domain name resolves only internally, and only to the internal IP address. The external one resolves internally to the internal IP address, and externally to the external IP address. When setting up ISPconfig2, I used the external domain name since that works on both sides of the network, but I used the internal IP address. Is this my problem? If so, where would I change that?

2. GoremanX

GoremanX New Member

Figured it out. My server provider had port 81 blocked. All works well now as far as reaching the adm panel.