The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.3 x86_64 [ISPConfig 3]

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by excalibur, Feb 28, 2011.

1. excalibur

excalibur New Member

Hey all

I'm new here, first of all, tnx to the ppl behind HowToForge tutorials, i visit this site everyday.

I have followed The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.3 x86_64 [ISPConfig 3] with great interest. I'm planning to install this on a server in the datacentre.
    i'm testing it in vmware.

I have setup a server 'server.local.be' with IP 192.168.5.2
    I changed my hostfile in my windows machine (192.168.5.100) to
    192.168.5.2 server.local.be server

so i don't have to use DNS, because i'm testing it in the internal network.
    Surfing to http://192.168.5.2:8080 or http://server.local.be:8080, brings up the IspConfig page.

I added another domain in my host file of windows.
    192.168.5.2 www.example.com

Then i created a new client in ispconfig, then i added a new website
    example.com

When i surf to www.example.com it brings up the website, that's all fine.
    But now, when i try to access my ispconfig control panel with 192.168.5.2:8080 or server.local.be:8080, it gives me a blank webpage.

I can't access the ispconfig anymore.
    I have a default ispconfig after following the tutorial, i haven't changed anything but adding 1 client and 1 website, i didn't touch the DNS settings.

Did i missed any steps?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the output of the following commands:

iptables -L

and

netstat -tap

3. excalibur

excalibur New Member

I have tested on my other vmware, default ispconfig port => 8085

After adding a new website: a few minutes later, ispconfig cp isn't available anymore

iptables -L

Code:
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

netstat -tap

Code:
    server:~ # netstat -tap
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10024         *:*                     LISTEN      3819/amavisd (maste
    tcp        0      0 localhost:10025         *:*                     LISTEN      3779/master
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      3665/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN      3892/dovecot
    tcp        0      0 localhost:dyna-access   *:*                     LISTEN      3877/clamd
    tcp        0      0 *:imap                  *:*                     LISTEN      3892/dovecot
    tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN      1743/rpcbind
    tcp        0      0 server.excalibur:domain *:*                     LISTEN      4082/named
    tcp        0      0 server.excalibur:domain *:*                     LISTEN      4082/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost:domain        *:*                     LISTEN      4082/named
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN      4005/pure-ftpd (SER
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      1834/sshd
    tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN      2395/cupsd
    tcp        0      0 localhost:953           *:*                     LISTEN      4082/named
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN      3779/master
    tcp        0    756 server.excalibur.ne:ssh 192.168.5.184:13002     ESTABLISHED 7784/2
    tcp        0      0 192.168.5.130:ssh       192.168.5.184:e-dpnet   ESTABLISHED 2751/0
    tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN      1743/rpcbind
    tcp        0      0 *:www-http              *:*                     LISTEN      8018/httpd2-prefork
    tcp        0      0 *:sunproxyadmin         *:*                     LISTEN      8018/httpd2-prefork
    tcp        0      0 *:8085                  *:*                     LISTEN      8018/httpd2-prefork
    tcp        0      0 *:domain                *:*                     LISTEN      4082/named
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN      4005/pure-ftpd (SER
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      1834/sshd
    tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN      2395/cupsd
    tcp        0      0 localhost:953           *:*                     LISTEN      4082/named
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN      3779/master

4. excalibur

excalibur New Member

If i surf to server:8085

i got this

Code:
    [Mon Feb 28 18:23:56 2011] [error] [client 192.168.5.184] PHP Warning:  Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/www/roundcubemail:/etc/roundcubemail:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Feb 28 18:23:56 2011] [error] [client 192.168.5.184] PHP Warning:  Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
    [Mon Feb 28 18:23:56 2011] [error] [client 192.168.5.184] PHP Fatal error:  Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in Unknown on line 0

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The default port for ispconfig is 8080 and not 8085, so you seem to have changed the port in your install. Also the access restrictions in your error message are a bit strange as you do not seem to access ispconfoig through ist vhost or you manually edited the php.ini, as there is no open_baesdir restriction set for the ispconfig vhost, but on your setup someone restricted access to a roundcube installation directory only.

You say that you are able to access ispconfig a short time after you installed it. Did you changed any setting in that time or did you changed any settings that were not described in the tutorial or installed additional software?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  6. excalibur

excalibur New Member

Yes, i did choose another port for ISPconfig, but i don't think that's a problem.
    If they want me to run on 8080, they shouldn't be asking me the default port of ispconfig.

Yesterday i had tested the perfect server for CentOs 5.5.
    It works perfect out of the box, i think i will stick to CentOs for my datacentre server.

The reason i tested it on Opensuse, it's because i'm used to work with opensuse as desktop and i know how to use the system.

but well, CentOs it is, I will try it again on OpenSuse again when they release 11.4 (in 9 days) :)

Thanks for the help. :)